Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 3:37:04 PM EDT
I have a couple milled receiver kits from russia (triangle with arrow) in excellent condition and am looking to rebuild one of them. Firing line seems to be the only supplier of milled receivers. which one do i need, the pinned or the threaded. How hard is it to remove the barrel from the cut receiver.
as a side question the original receiver has all the hard parts to machine it would be very easy to mill the back part of the receiver and weld it to the front secton
would this be illegal  I would love to keep the russian markings
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#1]

your barrel will be a screw type..  
the easiest way to remove the stub is to dremmel a slot on both sides almost down to the threads than split it open with a chisel... or you can just unscrew it  but its in there very tight..

Dont bother welding the stub into a stamped reciever.. yea it can be done but you wind up with a crappy looking ak..  Use the FL reciever  and you will have a classic Ak to be proud of..
you can always have the markings engraved into the Fl reciever...

This is my Russian AKS  on a Fl reciever,,,,
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:44:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I had FL build mine for me.  It was a Fixed stock Russian kit from Sportsmans guide.  It turned out great.  I would definately recommend them.  Sorry i have no pics available.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top