Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 7:06:24 AM EDT
I read somewher about steaming dings out of wood. Could somebody tell be how this is done and waht you use to do it?

Or should I just drop my furniture off in the local sauna
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:12:16 AM EDT
[#1]
If the dents are dot to deep and the wood is not gouged out
you can take a wet rag let it soak on the dents a little bit and then take an iron and iron the rag still on the wood , it should raise the dents up
you can do this over and over untill they can come out or they have raised enough to sand out

BLM
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#2]
stick it in the dishwasher let it run
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I do it similar to BLM's technique, except i used a soldering iron and place the tip of it right on a damp washcloth over the dent, the dent will pop right out, what its doing is creating steam right at the spot which in turn the steam lifts the dent, by using an iron like a clothes iron it lifts too much grain other than the dent from my experience.  McM
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I too have used a rag and an old iron, works pretty good!
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top