Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/14/2005 2:10:22 PM EDT
I am getting a Global receiver for my Romy build.  What would be the best rivits to purchase?

I already have my HF bolt cutters and have access to a press.

Thanks in advance,

Buckmaw
Baton Rouge
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get the rivets from Global, K-Var(if they have them in stock), or AK-Builder.  Get the foreign ones.  That's what I used. I have a set of US rivets but I didn't use them.  Didn't like the looks of them and they seemed to be of a smaller diameter than the Bulgarian, Romanian, or Polish ones that I have.  I would rather use the rivets that were designed to be used on an AK.  Just my preference.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#2]
+ 1 on the global rivets, i have use their rivets on all my builds and am very happy with the way they turned out, when you order the receiver order a set of the rivets as well.  McM
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input.  

This forum is invaluable for the info you can get..

Thanks again

Buckmaw
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine are the correct size, not the undersized ones some are selling.
AK Steel Rivets
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top