Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/12/2005 3:36:11 PM EDT
Can anyone out there tell me what to look out for when building a underfolder ? I have a PMKMS kit and am wondering what will be different than an standard Romanian AK that I see covered very well for the build process. Will the receiver need to be modified ? How can you do the rear rivets ? I only have 2 kits to build so I don't want to spend more on the jigs than on the actual guns!

I'll consider doing a screw build on the Romie but I just can't bring myself to do a Polish PMKMS in that manner! After reading posts on 2 or 3 forums I see very little said about building underfolder kits.

Thanks,
Rich
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]
There is nothing special about an underfolder build. The holes for the underfolder are a little more involved than a fixed stock, but doable. Take you time and you'll  do fine. I used the boltcutter riveter,  to do all the rivets on my PMKMS. Rivet both of them.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top