Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 1:34:43 PM EDT
just finished this build, how does it look....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/oldolds442/ak3.jpg
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#1]
There seems to be a few parts missing...

The trigger pull is so light...almost like its not there!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good.  But where is your fire control group?  Can you give us details on the build?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Can you give us details on the build?

+1

did you have to have machine tools to complete the job?

I'm trying to figure out if I want to order a romy kit and a complete receiver, but have no idea how I would be able to put it together.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can you give us details on the build?

+1

did you have to have machine tools to complete the job?

I'm trying to figure out if I want to order a romy kit and a complete receiver, but have no idea how I would be able to put it together.

MauserMark,

Your best bet would be to find someone in TX willing to help you with your first build.  I would imagine that there's quite a bit of people in TX who have experience building AKs.  It's certainly not rocket science.  I was fortunate enough to have Socandyman help me with my first build.  Once someone shows you how to do your first one, it's pretty easy to do them yourself after that.

All you really need as far as tools go are a drill press, a solid bench vise, a big hammer, an angle grinder, dremel tool, a pulley puller to push out the barrel, and a pair of bolt cutters to sqweeze the rivets.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:53:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats a very nice looking build
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top