Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 8:39:28 AM EDT

What is the difference between the Romanian AK kits that everyone is selling now (vertical grip fore-end) and the Model 1963 Romanian AK kits?  One place had both listed, but the picture was the same.  There must be some difference.
Did anyone buy both?  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#1]
At Centerfire Systems the 1963 kits don't include a cleaning rod or muzzle brake.  Other than that I don't see much difference.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The 1963 kits are in good to very good condition in general and the numbers more often than not don't match.  The 1975 kits are in excellent to new/unfired condition and the numbers more often than not match.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The 1963 kits are in good to very good condition in general and the numbers more often than not don't match.  The 1975 kits are in excellent to new/unfired condition and the numbers more often than not match.

Anyone know this for sure my buddy just ordered 3 of the 63 kits and I was hopeing to buy one from him.
I geuss now I will make sure it is matching
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:43:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy a kit from Scott @ DPH Arms. If he says it matches, it will. Or look for an ad from Bocefus over
on Goonsnet - I've bought several from him, and will recommend him w/o hesitation.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:18:15 AM EDT
[#5]
In their latest advertisment, I see that SOG has a '63 kit listed for $99 and the picture shows a Romanian AK with a regular front grip (not vertical pistol). Is that the case with the '63 kits, or is the picture just wrong?  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:41:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Theres a guy from Meridian, ID on GB, has very nice kits, shipping's kind of steep though. I got one from Cope's Distributing, cheap shipping, matching #s, but the finish is terrible.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:46:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Buy a kit from Scott @ DPH Arms. If he says it matches, it will. Or look for an ad from Bocefus over
on Goonsnet - I've bought several from him, and will recommend him w/o hesitation.

Huge +1...

I wish Bocefus would post here as he is a great guy and seller...  I ry to support our sellers here but Bocefus will get your kit out much faster then most any seller here...  I got three of the Rommy kits from DPH here on the forums and got anxious after a couple weeks so I ordered another from Bocefus.  My kit from Bocefus arived in about a week and the DPH kits came about another 2-weeks later...

YMMV and I know it's a busy time still if you want a kit right away Bocefus is the man and I have bought as many as 10 kits from Bocefus over the years...  not always better kits but you always get good kits and you get them pretty fast.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:50:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Back on topic...  well sort of...

I have one or two of the older Romanian kits that I purchased from Interordanence years ago (perhaps 3 years ago now?).  I think these kits were 1970's marked kits and they were clearly refinished and the numbers do not match.  I have compared the parts between those kits and the new G1 kits and they look pretty much the same so I assume you would not see many differences in the other kits...  perhaps I should look at the parts again as I have not looked at them in quite some time to compare them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:51:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the info from everyone.  I have collected quite a few romy kits already.  Got one from an IO group buy a while ago that looked like a cat crapped it out . Then I got one from DPH that was so pristine that I just had to get a another.  I also got a couple recently from Centerfire on a blowout.   I usually like more variety, so I was hoping maybe these '63 kits would have different furniture or something unique about them.  Oh well, it appears that are mostly alike.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top