Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 8:36:59 PM EDT
I know I saw this posted before,  but I'm not finding it on this site or anywhere else.

What was the method of attaching the receiver rails using screws?  I know someone had a detailed description with pics of this,  any ideas?

I don't have a welder,  nor access to one, nor know anyone who has one, nor know how to use one.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#1]
have them welded
a monkey can do it lol

just drill 3 or 4 1/8 holes threw the rec and have some1 fill them in
and saying i dont have access to a welder dosnt really matter
take it to a exaust/autobody shop they can weld it up for you
it will take them all of 5 min
i dont see them even charging you but if they do most it would be is 5 bucks
and totaly worth it
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:14:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree. The rails take a lot of bashing and are bound to shake loose if simply screwed on no matter how you do it. Have it welded.

Like the candyman said, Auto body shops are one place you could go, and I'm sure the local High School has a mig welder or 2 laying around. Sheet Metal fabricators will also have welders as will machine shops.

It will save you a lot in the long run.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:06:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I agree. The rails take a lot of bashing and are bound to shake loose if simply screwed on no matter how you do it. Have it welded.

Like the candyman said, Auto body shops are one place you could go, and I'm sure the local High School has a mig welder or 2 laying around. Sheet Metal fabricators will also have welders as will machine shops.

It will save you a lot in the long run.

You probably shouldn't take an AK to a school, just my thoughts, but seems like a bad idea.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:44:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I know I saw this posted before,  but I'm not finding it on this site or anywhere else.

About halfway down the page.
bolting rail
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:30:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I used Monel CherryMax rivets. Tough as hell, hard on a hand puller.
Orig. used the screws, but was not happy with the "clamp up".

Bill
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top