Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 9:01:29 AM EDT
First off Great site guys... I'm hooked on the wealth of info found on here.

3 questions

If I were planning to have a gunsmith assemble my parts kit, what else do I need before sending it to the gunsmith?

Can someone recommend a good reliable gunsmith that can go a reliable rivet build for cheap?

Anyone know a Good Gunsmith for assembling AKs in Colorado?

Can anyone recommend a good quality parts kit under 200$? I'd like a 7.62X39mm AKM style with standard stocks and a pistol hand grip. I'm not picky about country of origin I just want a good quality trigger assembly and a Decent quality bore.

Thanks for any help.. I can't wait to get a parts kit and start getting more familiar with the AK... I'm not ready to build this one but I think after I've gotten comfortable with the first one I'll build a second one myself.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Romanian kits from www.interordnance.com are a good value, but you should pay the extra money for a matching numbers kit IMHO.  $128

the plastic East german furniture with factory refinished kit is only an extra $10 above the matching numbers kit. $138

best value around right now

global trades/ armory receivers are the best.

And don't trust just anybody to build it. AKs have a lot of little quirks, go with a reputable builder that specializes in AKs, or spend  many months reading and do it yourself.

It is asking to much to just go and get a random gunsmith to learn how to build an AK perfect the first try..

there are a million ways to build one wrong, and only one way to build it right.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#2]
one romanian kit $100-$138, USA double hook trigger group $35, USA gas piston $20-$40, USA pistol grip $10-20, USA receiver, $60-$80

gunsmith fee $150 -and up
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top