Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/1/2005 9:45:17 PM EDT
I got the AR armorers' video when I first got into ARs, didn't really  help me at all. Found printed materials easier to use. AK building is a bit more involved, though. I'll be using a Stickman bending jig, Plinker riveting jigs, Xcebec barrel press jig, and a HF spot welder. Will the AGI video help me, or should I rely on articles I've printed off the net, and spend the $60 on nice furniture, compliance parts, ammo etc? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:47:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Bought the AGI video and was disappointed. There were a couple things I didn't know, but they spent way too much time bending a flat, nothing on putting in the FCG. I really wanted to see how the FCG went together and was placed in rifle.  Nothing. It will help some, others no.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:55:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Stickerman (aka Curtiss from ak-builder.com) is one of the 'actors' in the DVD titled something like 'The Ultimate AK builder DVD'.

In that vid, they use all the jigs you mentioned except xbec.  There's a fair amount of detail.

I had one then sold it.  Now that I've got all the jigs, I wish I had it back

This vid will do you more good that AGI.  Also on AGI, there's a lotta stuff you won't do/use- like bashing rivets into the front trunion using the barrel as a bucking bar- nice way to screw up a nice round rivet head.  Also in the AGI vid, they use a lot of tools that are medium-complex to build- they include plans but really-
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:40:39 AM EDT
[#3]
For $10 you can rent the AGI video. There are 2 other ak videos available as well as other gun videos.

technicalvideorental.com/rental_73.html
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top