Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 10:12:39 AM EDT
Has anyone tried to build a M70 Yugo Ak from the parts kits on the internet?  I want to build a 7.62 Ak now that i have a 5.45 but I'm not sure which one i should.  i want to use the 1.6mm reciever on the M70 and I always liked the look of it.  is it a good idea and are the parts kits in good shape, bore and everything?  I hea that none of them are chrome lined too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#1]
None of them are chrome lined.
Its kind of luck of the draw on bore conditions, but I was able to get 2 kits with bores that are shiny with sharp rifling and just a few speckles. Some have gotten kits that they believe are unissued.
There is rumor that "like new" M70 kits are coming before the ban. But who knows how much better they will be.
From the people that I have heard build them and shot them at the range, they say they are an above average shooter and this is due to the barrel being slightly bigger than a standard romy barrel in comparison.
So yeah, they are nice kits if you get your hands on a nice one. All the internal parts are really nice, the bolt carrier is damn near polished stanless.
I hope this lil bit of info is of help even tho I myself havent built one, but I have been doing my research since I will have 2 of them to build.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:58:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like I'll wait till those like new condition ones arrive.  Thansk a lot that was very helpful.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:07:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess we could use this thread to post new info on the newer condition Yugo kits.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top