Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/30/2005 7:58:34 AM EDT
Does anyone have one of these on their sidefolder?  Is it worth the hassle of installing it if i want to put it on my build?  its only 12 bucks so i figured id ask you guys.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a spot welder or someone that has one?  If not probally not worth buying a spot welder.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I was going to get the person that was going to build my rifle to do the instalation.  But is it really necissary is the question.  Could the reciever warp if there was too much heat when you were spot welding it?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#3]
The lower rails get spot welded on the receiver, 4 on one side and 5 on the other so no it will not warp it.  Is it needed?  No.  Does it make it stiffer?  Little bit.  Hope that helps.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I put it on my underfolder It stiffened up the receiver a bit.  Only takes a min to install.  I am now putting them on all my pistol/folder builds.   I think for the little investment it is worth adding to a build.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top