Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/20/2005 10:32:51 AM EDT
Well, I asked here about two months ago what the options were for converting my NIB Bulgarian SA-93 to a pistol grip configuration. I already had a Gordon Technologies FCG installed from the last time I was thinking about doing this. Mbsk01 kindly pointed the way to Randy Kline at Sledgehammer Arms, who milled out my receiver and installed a lower tang. I also had him install a US-made slant brake while he was doing the other work.

While waiting for the work to get done, I started exploring stock options. I wasn't sure if I wanted wood or plastic, so I got a set of both off of the EE along with a US PG for the wood set. The plastic was a pull from an Arsenal USA SA M-7A1R, and the wood was a Polish laminated set for milled receiver from Laukart. The plastic set arrived first, so I mounted it but wasn't thrilled. The laminted set arrived from Poland a week or so ago, and my eyes about fell out of my head. Brand new, never mounted, and great looking. Even my wife liked it.

I just had a chance this morning to get out the Dremel and start fitting it to my receiver. All three pieces required a little work, but I finally got everything mounted. Here's the result, along with a Hungarian 20rd mag from Centerfire.

A big thanks goes out to Mbsk01, Randy, and Robert from Poland. Next up is a Polish underfolder kit from Akron Armory.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:49:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
How did they install the slant brake?  Did they thread the barrel and screw it on, or press it on?

If it is threaded and you can remove it, there is a spring loaded detent that gets installed in the front sight base that retains the brake.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:17:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You sent it to Randy for a lower tang, but not a new gasblock and FSB?

It just doesn't look right to me w/o a cleaning rod.

Baby steps... It only took me three years to get a real stock on it after getting the Gordon Techologies FCG.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:32:53 AM EDT
[#5]
You need to put a 30rd mag in that gun!  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You need to put a 30rd mag in that gun!  

I've got plenty of 30s, both East German steel and Bulgarian plastic, but I like the length of the 20s.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top