Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/18/2005 9:09:54 AM EDT
So basically a rivet is a round peice of metal with a raised, circular part at the end? And to "rivet" a rivet, is basically to compress it so it fills the (For example, trunnion) hole to be riveted?

And about riveting tools-what can I use? I've got a bolt cutter, I've heard that some people use those in riveting their AKs together.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out HC Pookies website (I don't know the address offhand).  He has a lot of good information.  RTC
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:48:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Who's rivets should I get for a Romanian kit? I've heard the Tapco rivets are too small. Is that true?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:00:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Get the Bulgarians from ak-builder.com
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#5]
A rivet has a mushroom head on one end.  When you "rivet" it, you form a mushroom head on the other end.  Supposedly as a result of the compression the shaft will expand out and press against the trunnion hole.
Tapco rivets are too thin.  Several people resell Tapco rivets, DPH and Midwest Armory are two I believe.  You can tell because they use the same picture as Tapco.  You can get good rivets from the EE.  low_lead was selling them.  I don't know how many he has left.  They are leftovers from a rivet group buy.
Bolt cutters require extensive modification to use.  SOCANDYMAN has made a post describing what he did along with pics.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#6]
fadedsun,
Are you a deputy in Uvalde County?

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:58:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
fadedsun,
Are you a deputy in Uvalde County?

Where's Uvalde County?

No, no LEO here. Call me back in a few years and I can say yes...
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:14:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I went to high school with a 'Ben' who is an LEO in Uvalde Co, down in the southwest.  I'm thinking abot going that route myself.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top