Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/16/2005 7:08:58 PM EDT
I'm gonna buy one of the 'C note' AK parts kits from either InterOrdnance or Centerfire Systems. Anyone built up one of these kits? Just wondering on bore condition, everything else I can fix in the build.

C.S. also lists an underfolder that has a 'dark bore', now, does that mean non-chrome lined? Or sewer pipe?

Any one of you who has one or more of these kits, pipe up and persuede me in the right direction. Otherwise its eeny-meeny-miny-MO!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Get your Romanian kit from Centerfire.  I was in on a group buy of Romanian kits from IO and they came without selector stop and cleaning rod.  The ones from Centerfire will have both.  I personally just ordered the combo Yugo/Romy deal from Lois at Centerfire.  The Yugo is advertised as "dark bore" which could mean anything from frosted bore to total sewer pipe.  If the bore is decent on they Yugo I will build it, if not I will use the underfolder on my Romy.  But in summation, go with Centerfire.

ETA  If you just want a Romanian kit get it from Scott at DPH Arms.  His kits are absolutely primo.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm gonna buy one of the 'C note' AK parts kits from either InterOrdnance or Centerfire Systems. Anyone built up one of these kits? Just wondering on bore condition, everything else I can fix in the build.

DPH Arms or, believe it or not, TAPCO actually has a good deal on a G2 combo.  I've gotten two of them, they're in excellent shape (all matching numbers), great bores with a G2 trigger for $125.  Never thought I'd say it, but Tapco has the best deal running right now on Romys.

C.S. also lists an underfolder that has a 'dark bore', now, does that mean non-chrome lined? Or sewer pipe?

Sewer pipe.  The Yugos were not chrome lined from the get-go...

Any one of you who has one or more of these kits, pipe up and persuede me in the right direction. Otherwise its eeny-meeny-miny-MO!

DPH or Tapco, then CFS.  That's the order I'd go with, but that's just me...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I've ordered 5 from Centerfire and 2 from Tapco. Both are worth it. The Tapco kits are really nice because you can order them in the combo with the trigger group for around $125. Good deal if you ask me. But BOTH of these are great to order from. My Tapco kits came in 4 days after ordering. Centerfire takes about a week to a week and a half. IO, I've ordered other kits from and they usually are missing a part or two. My .02!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#4]
My expereince with romy kits

Cenerfire got 3 all very good fast order fill

Tapco got 2 free ship minimal extra price double hook tapco trigger/hammer EXCELENT kits

Grade 2 DPH got 2 did match one disconector spring broken in 2, other top cover rear hole torn larger.  They had the single hook tapco trigger all match as promised prompt ship

Ordered a single grade A kit from DPH mid July STILL on back order no response when may ship

If I was placing an order today I would avoid the small guys as they are behind from the ban frenzy
At least Scott is not rude about delay.  A. Armory seems to think if he ever fills your order he has done you a big favor.  See posts on how long to get a kit on gunboards.
When you add in DPH recent price increase and his shiping charges it is no longer the standout best deal
I would try JG sales or AIM or Tapco as you will get prompt service As of Today AIM has best price and throws in a mag but Tapco's free ship on order of 2 and minimal xtra cost for G2 may be better deal.

Note all kits were all matching and the Tapco 2 were ordered end of July and were to my door in a week.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top