Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/15/2005 12:21:30 PM EDT
I have a kit, unbuilt as of yet, I checked the HS and I have come to the conclusion that it's just a tad bit on the insufficient HS side. I don't have a GO guage, but it won't close on a round, almost, but not quite. The thing I can't understand is that if some of the rounds are rotated it will go into battery easily. It will not close on a No-Go. What is your opinion? Actually, I did test one brand that it closed on pretty regularly.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a kit, unbuilt as of yet, I checked the HS and I have come to the conclusion that it's just a tad bit on the insufficient HS side. I don't have a GO guage, but it won't close on a round, almost, but not quite. The thing I can't understand is that if some of the rounds are rotated it will go into battery easily. It will not close on a No-Go. What is your opinion? Actually, I did test one brand that it closed on pretty regularly.

Just to get it out of the way, you did strip your extractor or know it's not hitting on the extractor, right?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, bolt stripped, chamber cleaned, trunnion cleaned, and bolt cleaned
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]
If your bolt is not a matching number to the  barrel trunnion, there is a chance your headspace is off.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you checking HS to bolt lockup or full rotation?

Here's a great link on headspace issues from gunco.net library (search from beginning)

http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2557
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top