Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 9:58:57 AM EDT
Or jaws to make one........Sorry if this is a dupe but didn't have alot of time to search.
Where can I get a bolt cutter rivet tool and a triggerguard jig? I have seen the 555th's and mostof the others but I need one now and wonder who has the best ones.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd also like to know about the bolt cutter rivet sqweezers.  I've tried to contact Chris at Greenlight but have never gotten a response back.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'd also like to know about the bolt cutter rivet sqweezers.  I've tried to contact Chris at Greenlight but have never gotten a response back.  

Yeah me too.....He looks like he has the best tools, but NO contact!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I got in under the wire for the boltcutter tool from Chris.  It sucks that his customer service isn't selling his products, because his trigger guard jig and boltcutter tool are absolutely perfect.  It took me a month to get mine, but well worth the wait then.  Who knows what the wait is now?  ak-builder has the trigger jig, see if he could start making the boltcutter tool to fill in the market.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:16:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Curtis' www.ak-builder.com TG rivet jig is the shit.  Got mine the other day and 10 min later my TG was riveted.  First time I ever used a press.  Looks great.

I put a bug in his ear about making bolt cutter squeezers.

If everyone would harass him a little, I bet he would make a batch or two....he's a nice guy and a good machinist.  He knows a lot about building AK's.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Can his jig be used with a hammer?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Heres one from another forum:
www.gunco.net/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=127&sort=1&cat=6&page=1

$40.00
I think its for everything.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#7]
yeah, this is the guy no one can get a hold of.  FOUND!

GreenLight Arms
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the AK builder jig can be used with a hammer.  The guy on the AGI DVD used a similar setup.  You have to pound the hell out of it though.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Who else has the bolt cutter type beside Greenlight?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Ask Curtis on www.ak-builder.com  

I think he makes them.  I know he has in the past-

The specs aren't copywrited or patented.  It would be a total feeding frenzy if someone would step up and make some.

I've got a short squeezer and it works great.  Wish I had a longer squeezer- it would be a lot easier.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Chris from GreenLight is MIA.  Kinda worried myself about legal action against him.  Would suck if ATFE was after him.  Appeared he was ready to hit the big time supplying AK stuff.  Seemed an honest guy in the transactions I did with him.  Hope the best for him.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Someone else has got to have these available!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey Mr. Krink,

Ya know, I decided to take the plunge and try out making my own rivet sqweezers today.  It was really pretty easy.  I just followed the pictures from here as a template and went for it.  I bought a pair of 24" bolt cutters from Habor Freight and an angle grinder and went at it.  I've already tested it out on a receiver stub and a trunnion.... looks pretty good!  I've got a few small little things to fine tune but it looks like a winner.

Anyone ever try to use the bolt cutters for riveting the trigger guard? Just curious if it would work for that or not.

I was over at another board and apparently, Chris @ Greenlight is alive and well....Chris @ Greenlight
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes he is.............my bolt cutter rivet tool is supposed to be here next week. I paid for it today.....WOOO HOOOO !!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Chris from GreenLight is MIA.  Kinda worried myself about legal action against him.  Would suck if ATFE was after him.  Appeared he was ready to hit the big time supplying AK stuff.  Seemed an honest guy in the transactions I did with him.  Hope the best for him.

Why in the hell would you even suggest that Chris would have any legal action against him, or that the BATFE was after him?  This kind of shit is how rumors get started, and people's reputations and businesses get ruined.  So unless you know for a fact that Chris is in some kind of trouble it would be best if you didn't go writing this kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why in the hell would you even suggest that Chris would have any legal action against him, or that the BATFE was after him?  This kind of shit is how rumors get started, and people's reputations and businesses get ruined.  So unless you know for a fact that Chris is in some kind of trouble it would be best if you didn't go writing this kind of stuff.

Yeah what he said.......!!!
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top