Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 1:32:09 PM EDT
Let me give a little background. I ordered some rivets and a barrel press kit from curtis a few weeks ago.
www.ak-builder.com/ak/index.php

It turns out he only lives a few miles from me, so I just stopped by and picked my stuff up rather than wait for shipping. That's when Curtis showed me this cool little device. We all know what a pain in the a$$ trigger guard rivets can be (especially for no talents like myself). This cool little animal actually made removing the trigger guard rivets EASY! Here's some pics.

Here is the jig

Here's how you set it up.

From another angle

In the vise ready to be drilled out.

These pics show how perfectly the drilled out rivets are!!

From underneath

The drilled out rivet!!

Needless to say it's quite convenient. To top it off, because I paid for shipping (but didn't ship it) Curtis GAVE IT TO ME

Curtis really knows his stuff and I was totally impressd by the gesture to comp me that jig. I didn't even ask for it. I'm hoping he starts churning these things out for resale. They definitely makes things easier for us novices.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:50:46 PM EDT
[#1]
pretty slick way faster than my method.

I'm still a slave to the dremel for those.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:25:22 AM EDT
[#2]
That is slick, Curtis is a pretty clever guy.

I've been using a 4" angle grinder, attacking them from the inside, using the stub of the receiver to protect the TG.
Works pretty good, as long as you have a light touch.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top