BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/9/2005 7:52:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:10:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Went to harbor freight to buy a press last weekend, they are out of everything, have no idea when they are getting new ones.  Shipping is only $8 if I order from their website.  Found 2 12 ton presses, one about $10 more than the other.  Is one better for the job?

www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=33497

www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=1667

You want this one:

www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=33497

The "A" frame is not AK building friendly.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#2]
This comes up from time to time.  My advise:  Buy the biggest press that you can afford!  You will not be sorry!  My Harbor Freight 20 ton has not let me down yet!  It has grunted pretty hard while pressing out a couple of barrel pins, however, nothing has bent, sprung, or broke yet!

Yours,
One Rusty Nut.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#3]
My 12 ton will cause a lot of damage if you're not careful.  It has some serious power without even going near the limits.  I'd say the 12 ton is plenty sufficient for any building.  Save your money to spend on ammo.  My .02
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top