Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 3:06:21 AM EDT
this is my Mak I have been modifying so It doesn't  look and feel like a turd. I snuck off and built this at work. I'm was looking to get some feedback on the way it looks. I think it looks good but I want to get ready for all the smart ass comments like "what the hell is that thing" you know polish up on my come backs.

the brake is stainless if anyone was wondering
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:06:14 AM EDT
[#1]
How did you add all that rust to the inside of the front site?

Less is more.  I kind of like that bee-hive looking brake.

Why stainless?  It loses strength once it's heated beyond a certain point.  It's why machinegun and subgun barrels are carbon.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:22:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How did you add all that rust to the inside of the front site?

Less is more.  I kind of like that bee-hive looking brake.

Why stainless?  It loses strength once it's heated beyond a certain point.  It's why machinegun and subgun barrels are carbon.

I don't know about the rust it was like that when I got it and I have done nothing about it either. I also did not put the white panit on the sight.

stainless because that is what was laying around and no rust. I'm not real worried about strength and over heating I'm not going to be dumping more than a mag or two at any given time. It is not a machine gun it just plays one on T.V.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I really can't tell much from the picture. Why don't you send me one and I'll try it out for awhile and give you an honest appraisal!
Looks like you did an excellent job!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:40:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice job!  Very nice machine work.  I wonder if the flash coming up through those slots will obscure your target in a low light situation?

Yours,
One Rusty Nut.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I think the same way 1-Rusty-Nut does - it may blind you in a low light condition. The mill cuts might be better placed on both sides of the barrel instead of on top.
But the design is definitely an eye catcher and looks great! Pat yourself on the back for being innovative!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Well thanks for the kind words we will see how much flame action I get out of er if it is a big one I will have to get some pictures.

I might have done her a little different but I didn't plan it out or anything. I had been putting some guns back in the safe and looked at that rifle, I thought that sucks it needs some kind of something. Later at work I saw a chunk of stainless took it over to the machine shop and started cutting this is what came out.  I was kind of in a hurry because I'm supposed to be working not screwing around making gun parts.

Thanks for the input guys.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top