Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/8/2005 10:48:11 AM EDT
Ok, I am in the process of 'evilizing' two Chinese MAKs, one stamped, one milled.  I have a K-Var stock set for the stamped unit and a Ironwood Designs set for the milled unit.

In both cases, the MAK grip screw is not long enough to go through the new grip and mate with the grip nut in the receiver.  Where can I get a screw that is long enough?

Will this do?

http://www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=STK060201&back=yes&dept=185&last=13

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:06:50 AM EDT
[#1]
no your looking for 1 that isnt a mak screw
basicly any but that will work
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#2]
This one then?

http://www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=216&1=261&3=696

The one I have measures just over 4" as I recall.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:33:55 AM EDT
[#3]
That is what you want. This will also do:

www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=AK0618&back=yes&dept=185&last=13

The screws shorter than 4" are meant for thumbhole stocks. FYI the screws for sale on PolyTech Parts are shorter than 4". Ask me how I know.

Galland
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ok, I am in the process of 'evilizing' two Chinese MAKs, one stamped, one milled.  I have a K-Var stock set for the stamped unit and a Ironwood Designs set for the milled unit.

In both cases, the MAK grip screw is not long enough to go through the new grip and mate with the grip nut in the receiver.  Where can I get a screw that is long enough?

Will this do?

http://www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=STK060201&back=yes&dept=185&last=13

Thanks!

Do you mind if I hijack your thread to ask you which KVar stock set works on the MAKs? I know they are a different size than my SAR-1 but don't know what they do match up to.

Thanks for any help.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#6]
MrDo -

Well, Unfortunately, the set I got from K-Var is taking soem serious hand fitting to work, so I cannot suggest a specific set.  The Chi Maks have thick receiover walls, so I had to sand/grind some of the stock tongue to fit horizontally and then do some work on top to fit under the rear trunion.  Perhaps I should have called first -- something I suggest you do.

thedukeryan-

Thanks for the info.  I have teh trigger group parts, but will probably order the screw and nut sets from your site this weekend.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the response CYOUNG. I'll call first.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#8]
thedukeryan-

Just placed an order for the grip screws on your site.  hopefully, I can get the parts and get the conversion projects completed this week.  I'll post pics if I do.

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top