Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 6:56:19 PM EDT
Thinking about doing a pistol build, and I am wondering what hand guards everyone is using on theirs?hanksThe-Duck
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:12:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, I will be using a AMD 65.

The-Duck
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:01:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm pretty sure you cant use a front pistol grip on it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#4]
You can use any lower handguard as long as it does NOT have a vertical grip.  This will turn a pistol in an AOW, requiring prior approval from ATF on a Form 1 and a $200 tax.  Now that that's out of the way...

There's no requirement for U.S. made parts on a pistol, so imported sets are usable.  Check in the Equipment Exchange to see if anyone has a set for sale.  You may be able to pick up a cheap set from someone that swapped them out for U.S. made parts.

Polymer handguard sets from K-Var are a little on the expensive side ($50+ for the pair).  They do have Romanian upper and lower solid wood pieces that would be about $30 for the pair.  Romanian laminate will be around $40 for the pair.

You can get a pair of Polish laminated handguards from Global Trades for around $30.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top