Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 6:32:29 AM EDT
On the Centerfire Kits etc. are the trigger/fire control groups auto or semi? I know they probally have to be replaced with U.S. parts anyway.... just curious. I was just wondering what the deal was with pocessing them if they were not installed.

Thx
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:15:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the BATF reasoning was possession with the intent.  If you own the auto parts and a weapon that can be converted, you're intent is to build an auto weapon.

I heard somewhere that a court case got this thrown out - but I wouldn't want to risk it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:27:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
On the Centerfire Kits etc. are the trigger/fire control groups auto or semi? I know they probally have to be replaced with U.S. parts anyway.... just curious. I was just wondering what the deal was with pocessing them if they were not installed.

Thx

Some of the Romanian kits that are being shipped over here have semi-only trigger groups. Those were the rifles that were handed to conscripts fullfilling required military service, and they were designated GP-75 I think.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Alittle OT I got a couple of Yugo kits. I have no intention on using the fire control group on these builds but  just playing with all the parts I noticed something about the  semi control parts , The disconecter is semi but I noticed the axis holes are huge. I put a axis pin thru them and they wobble all over the place. If we were allowed to use the parts I would not want these in there. On one there is a stamped m. It looks like you could use the tube on the g2 trigger groups to take up the slack. Could these be usa disconectors?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Off topic but I don't want to start a new thread... Subject: G2 double hook fire control group, improving the action.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to make the G2 smoother and function nicer?   I've shot a Mak 90 and a G2 side by side.  The mak 90 has a much smoother tigger pull.  

Comments anyone on how to improve the pull on a G2 Double hook?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:46:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Alittle OT I got a couple of Yugo kits. I have no intention on using the fire control group on these builds but  just playing with all the parts I noticed something about the  semi control parts , The disconecter is semi but I noticed the axis holes are huge. I put a axis pin thru them and they wobble all over the place. If we were allowed to use the parts I would not want these in there. On one there is a stamped m. It looks like you could use the tube on the g2 trigger groups to take up the slack. Could these be usa disconectors?

I'm pretty sure that the importer or dealer replaced the FA disconnector with a SA disconnector in order to avoid any trouble with BATF. This has lead some people to believe that these were semi auto rifles even though all the kits come with the spring for the auto sear and other dealers deliver the auto sear etc., and all of the kits appear to have the third hole in the receiver.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top