Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/6/2005 6:33:56 PM EDT
How do I replace the gas block, I have an SAR-1, and would like to get the bayonet lug back on but how do I replace the gasblock, do I just drive out the pins and just slide it off, or will I have to use some sort of hydrolic press or simular, same goes for putting the new one on do I just slide it on and pin it in place or does it requir a press, also will the new gas block have the holes pre-drilled or does it have to have new ones drilled?....

Are the pins taped or can they be tapped eighther way, and the same questions apply to the front sight base as obviously that will have to be taken off to work with the gasblock?....

Is this something I can even do myself I only have basic handtools available, or will I have to have a gunsmith do it, what would be a decent price for a gunsmith to charge, and where can I find replacement gas block, prefferably Romanian, or should I just switch the whole barrel, assembly with a non-neutered one, and who sells complete Romanian barrel assemblies?....

Is there an easier way to restore the bayonet lug, and have it be correct?....
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#1]
you can add weld then file to shape to get the bayo to mount

yes you can pull the fsb and gb, just push the pins out, look at em to see which way they were put in. then you have to push the fsb and gb off, a press can be used or even a hammer with a soft metal block to tap it off. after you remove the pins, you need to rotate the fsb and gb to break it loose, and some replace ments will have the holes drilled already some wont
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top