Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 5:03:54 PM EDT
Can someone tell me if the barrel pin has to go out a specific direction or if it will go out both ways?

Also, I bought a single hook G2 for my romy kit, I assume this is ok?

Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The barrel pin is not tapered.  So it does not matter which way it goes in or comes out.

Yes, a single hook is ok
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#2]
It is best to try to figure out (by looking at the pin and trunnion for marks) which way it went in, and then take it out the opposite direction.  The reason is that there is a chance the pin is galled in the middle or slightly swelled on the end where it was pressed.  If I cant tell which way it went in, I take it from left to right (selector side).
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The barrel pin is not tapered.  So it does not matter which way it goes in or comes out.

Yes, a single hook is ok

+1 on the barrel pin
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:14:15 AM EDT
[#4]
they are sometimes tapered (poor skills they didnt mean for it to be that way )
but it dosnt really matter wich way it gos out
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top