BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/4/2005 5:17:31 PM EDT
Does anybody know whats goin on at GreenlightArms??? I orderd two receivers from Chris the second week of June ( paid with a postal M.O.) Now I can't get a hold of anybody there. They dont anser there phone ( Ive tried everyday for five weeks) and they wont reply to the emails that I sent Them??? Please if anyone knows whats going on please let me know. should I order from somebody else???Thanks for any infomation you can give.    Mad-Dog
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#1]
He said he is busy.. But then he also said the company he has making him flats screwed up a batch.. Well if they screwed up and he doesnt have any flats, I would say he has time to contact folks..

I smell a chicken coupe..
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:04:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea, I'm wondering if anybody else on the forem is having the same problem??? I could really use those receivers and I just want Chris to let me know whats going on with them!!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Same here.  His customer service is terrible--he just ignores his e-mail.  I heard he posted on gunco that there was problem but could not access that site.  Has anyone actually talked to him in the last two weeks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#4]
how about in the last 6 weeks?????
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#5]
The same story here guys. I sent a US postal money order, by US mail, about a month ago ? and haven't heard a word since. No answer to my emails, nothing . I ordered two M70 receivers drilled for folding stocks. I would like to have my merchandise, or a reasonable explanation of what the problem is ! If Chris is having problems, I'd like for him to just let us know. There is no one so busy that they can't write one email and blind carbon copy it to all their customers. Or make one post to the board to let everyone know the situation.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#6]
All I can say about Chris is I had a problem with  trigger jig punch and he sent me a new one within a few days FREE after I contacted him. He may have got a hell of a lot more response than he expected, had a supplier screw up, and is trying to catch up.
Everybody got on the build-an-AK band wagon all of a sudden and he may not be able to keep up!
But I honestly believe he is doing his best!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Danc 46, you've been around this board longer than I have. You've given me hope again. I do know that there are some good people who just aren't good business operators. They are honest and will do you right, but they just don't realize the importance of good communication with their customers. And that seems to be, as the warden said to Paul Newman in "Cool Hand Luke"......."Whaat we have heere, is failure to communicate" (and then he took his freshly built M70 Zastava and blew Paul Newman away ????? or was that another movie? ) That hurts just to think about it. I've got a nice little scar on my right forearm from an AK47 round.....Vietnam.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Chris is swamped. I know him, he isn't going to rip anyone off. His supplier delivered a LOT of flats that were out of spec and had to come up wth a new batch. He doubled the number and last I heard should have them soon. The flats do also go elsewhere for the stamping  process.
The not getting back to folks thing I won't touch, but I do know he won't screw anyone on purpose. He just isn't like that.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:45:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Chris is swamped. I know him, he isn't going to rip anyone off. His supplier delivered a LOT of flats that were out of spec and had to come up wth a new batch. He doubled the number and last I heard should have them soon. The flats do also go elsewhere for the stamping  process.
The not getting back to folks thing I won't touch, but I do know he won't screw anyone on purpose. He just isn't like that.

Hugegator.....thanks so much for giving us some insight h.....as long as I know that I've not been ripped Hysterical.gif .Perhaps Chris should hire you as his point man hug.gif......he could pay you in receivers
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hugegator.....thanks so much for giving us some insight and relieving our fears ................   I, for one, feel much better ! I don't mind waiting at all .....as long as I know that I've not been ripped .Perhaps Chris should hire you as his point man ......he could pay you in receivers

I think M48 is on to something. Chris should consider keeping someone apprised of details like this. It would definitely ease some minds. I gave up waiting after 6 or 7 weeks and managed to find the tools I needed on the EE. I'd have been officially pissed if I had actually sent him money. I hear this Chris is a great guy, but the net is full of trolls, it would be easy to get lumped in with them.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, I ordered a flat bending jig and trigger guard jig quite some time ago and haven't heard JACK.

I don't care how busy you are, if you can't deliver the product don't sell it, that is just bad business, period.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Chris may not like being the bearer of bad news concerning delays and would rather hump up and do his best to fill orders. I have dealt with really big outfits and waited for up to 3 months to get what I ordered. And received no communications at all concerning the order!
All I can say about him not returning emails is that maybe he thinks the time is better spent trying to get stuff done. I'm hoping that is the case.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I also paid the end of June for an RPK receiver - with or with out dimples - with or without custom serial number - I didn't care.   Personally, I think if Chris just posted weekly updates everyone (well, most) would probably be happy with that.    I guess the best all of us can do is just cross our fingers at this point.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Well, I ordered a flat bending jig and trigger guard jig quite some time ago and haven't heard JACK.

I don't care how busy you are, if you can't deliver the product don't sell it, that is just bad business, period.

He's getting bad reviews over at the Gunco.net board also.  Not answering calls, emails.   I was Thinking about ordering some tools from him - not anymore.   Something isn't right.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Me too.  I sent payment for one on 06/16/05 and haven't heard anything .
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#17]
+1
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Now Chris's web site is dead.. I am starting to think Chris has flown the "COUPE"

www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12198&page=1&pp=10
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:25:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone live close to him? I just accessed his website...Colt - you just gave me a heart attack!  I'm sort of ticked about the money, but MORE disappointed I don't have an RPK receiver yet.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:21:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Must have just been down for a bit. I shure hope he pulls thru, and he may be 100% legit.. But he neds to understand he is killing his buisness by lack of communication..
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#21]
His website is still working, just tried it.
Green Light Arms
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:22:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Green Light Arms

Yipee.

Now how do I get my money back when he:

1.) Doesn't answer the phone.

AND

2.) Won't return emails.

I'm glad we have people like Curtis (stickerman) and ak-builder.com as an alternative. I sent Curtis and email about some tooling and he called ME back on HIS dime and we spoke for a good 20 minutes about ak stuff. And Curtis was plenty swamped as well, trust me.

Chris could learn a few things.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:23:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Green Light Arms

Yipee.

AND

2.) Won't return emails.

I'm glad we have people like Curtis (stickerman) and ak-builder.com as an alternative. I sent Curtis and email about some tooling and he called ME back on HIS dime and we spoke for a good 20 minutes about ak stuff. And Curtis was plenty swamped as well, trust me.

Does he do RPK Receivers?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Green Light Arms

Yipee.

AND

2.) Won't return emails.

Does he do RPK Receivers?

RPK blanks
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:19:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I was over at another board and someone just checked up on Chris.  Apparently, Chris is alive and well.... just very busy.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I was over at another board and someone just checked up on Chris.  Apparently, Chris is alive and well.... just very busy.

Yes he is.........I had a long talk with one of his buddies today and told him he need to get his shit together and talk to these people. He had to scrap about $3000.00 worth of receivers that someone else cut wrong and that has really been a set back for him as far as getting out product. He is a one man operation too, so give him a little break. I guess we will see.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Yeah what he said!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:33:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Chris is alive and has posted over at Gunco.

www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12198&page=6&pp=10

08-16-2005, 05:57 PM    #56  
cwtoyota

Trader Rating: (8)  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I owe all of you guys a big apology. I did not intend to make anyone worry or become angry. I have been getting so much e-mail that I just can't keep up on my own. I haven't been on the web in a few weeks and haven't kept up with the phone calls either. If I spend my day on the web or on the phone I can't get my work done. I realize that you guys deserve to know what is going on. The only solution is to get some help answering e-mail and taking phone calls. I am working on doing exactly that. My voice mail is full, but I will go through my messages and put a status update message there too.

I have several kits from customers and several orders/payments for receivers, builds, tools, etc. I am working on these with top priority and will have all of these kits and orders out soon as I can.

www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12198

The thread above was my last post on the status of the RPK and Yugo receivers. I will update that post as well.

The replacement RPK and Yugo M70 receiver flats came back from the laser cutter and are at the machine shop now. When they are ready, I will begin forming them up and shipping receivers.

I understand if some people are angry. I have been slow and impossible to contact. Please rest assured that you will get what you have ordered.

-Chris

http://www.greenlightarms.com
[email protected]
(360) 895-7798

Sweet.

I hope he cranks out some receivers soon, I need (2) RPK receivers.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#29]
My recent email to him:

Chris,

This will be the LAST email I sent. The next message you will hear from me if I don't receive a refund will be from my LAWYER.

I sent you $210.00 (paypal  ID #3G259539XX5236021) for a New flat forming jig on JUNE 20th 2005, and then $40.00  (paypal ID #96L87283MT911250M) for a trigger guard jig on JULY 5th.

I have neither received an email, phone call, OR a product from you, after numerous calls and emails by me.

If you do not immediately refund my money I will pursue legal action.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#30]
NO offense to him or his apologists, but it seems to me that he could at least acknowledge the emails and send a quick sentence reply to let people know that he's still alive and that he actually gives a shit about someone's order that they already paid for.  A major part of any sound business plan is great communication with customers.  If you can't deliver that, then it does not matter what your selling.  People are going to get fed up real quick.  Good luck Bulldog1967..hope you get your refund!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey, Thanks Chris for giving us the word. I don't mind waiting a while longer now that I know whats going on,   Mad-Dog
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#32]
I am not an "apologist". When you deal with a small business during a sudden heavy demand cycle, you better expect delays. That is being a "realist".
Whining and complaining after a short period - yeah, two or three months is still legally considered a short period - won't make your order get to you faster. Sending multiple emails just compounds the problem when you are dealing with a small business.
Have patience and expect to see your order some day soon and it will probably happen.
Bitching and complaining just makes you and everybody else miserable.
Go ahead and flame me or Greenlight Arms if it makes you feel better!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Here is what I sent a few days ago with no response.  So tommorrow the Washigton Attorney General gets a complaint, with no apologies.

Chris/Jon

I have called you many times and your phone messages are always full. I called Jon Wilkinson and left a message. You don't answer my e-mails. You have my money.  

The gun boards say you are a legitimate business that is simply too busy to talk to the customer.

I am a customer that is way too busy to keep calling you.

So, Refund my money by overnignt mail for Thursday delivery or I will file a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General on Friday and post his address on the boards. If you won't respond to me, you will respond to him.

See--

http://www.atg.wa.gov/consumer/forms/ComplaintForm1_05.pdf

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Here is what I sent a few days ago with no response.  So tommorrow the Washigton Attorney General gets a complaint, with no apologies.

Chris/Jon

I have called you many times and your phone messages are always full. I called Jon Wilkinson and left a message. You don't answer my e-mails. You have my money.  

The gun boards say you are a legitimate business that is simply too busy to talk to the customer.

So, Refund my money by overnignt mail for Thursday delivery or I will file a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General on Friday and post his address on the boards. If you won't respond to me, you will respond to him.

See--

http://www.atg.wa.gov/consumer/forms/ComplaintForm1_05.pdf

Excellent, I will do this too if it works.

Oh, and BTW guys, I ordered a flat bending jig and barrel jig from Curtis at AK Builder last week, and....here's the shocker.....

wait for it....

I got it today !

I understand busy, but THIS is NEGLIGENCE.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:21:29 AM EDT
[#36]
At guy at Gunco is going to make a trip to see Chris again, he is accepting emails that he will ahnd deliver to Chris, so visit this thread, and send your messages..

www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13302
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:26:58 AM EDT
[#37]
"The gun boards say you are a legitimate business that is simply too busy to talk to the customer.

So, Refund my money by overnignt mail for Thursday delivery or I will file a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General on Friday and post his address on the boards. If you won't respond to me, you will respond to him. "

Good for you.  I am amazed what people will put up with and am glad to see that at least one person has sense of their own self worth.
However, this is not the worst that goes on: how about all those drilled into Polish underfolder barrels that were sold?  Not everybody had the sense or knowledge to return them.  This is like selling bad aircraft parts -- someone is gonna get hurt and someone ought to go to jail!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:04:43 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

However, this is not the worst that goes on: how about all those drilled into Polish underfolder barrels that were sold?  

What are you talking about? Who sold bad polish barrels? I'm in the dark here.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:03:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#40]
I am talking about barrels that were drilled into (and trunions buggered) when the rivets were poorly drilled out of Polish AK's that were recently sold on a group buy.  I think they came from more than one source.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:57:34 AM EDT
[#41]
I bought two Polish underfolders and the rivits were completely drilled out, but not into the barrel by any means. Have there been guns ruined by this demill method being sold lately?????
h=85%

Quoted:
I am talking about barrels that were drilled into (and trunions buggered) when the rivets were poorly drilled out of Polish AK's that were recently sold on a group buy.  I think they came from more than one source.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#42]
I have a Polish UF kit that came from the 'Helen Keller Institute of Rifle Demilling', which is what
you're talking about probably. Barrel is fine, but the rear trunion was chopped off behind the front
row of rivets, just in front of the hole that the UF assembly attaches to.

Will probably just sell the UF assembly and use the $$ to buy a decent Polish stock, a fixed-stock
trunion, and do it up that way.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I have no dog in thsi fight, but I cannot believe the guy at Greenlight Arms couldnt spend 5-10 minutes a day answerign emails, or even look on the baords to see how everyone is getting worried.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#44]
From the persistant grouching I would guess 8 to 10 hrs a day wouldn't be enough to answer the emails. I don't believe he will screw anybody but he may be slow in getting the orders filled. It is my belief he will come through but not as quickly as many here want him too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
From the persistant grouching I would guess 8 to 10 hrs a day wouldn't be enough to answer the emails. I don't believe he will screw anybody but he may be slow in getting the orders filled. It is my belief he will come through but not as quickly as many here want him too.

Excuse me if 2.5 months without any communication is normal for the way you do business.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Excuse me if 2.5 months without any communication is normal for the way you do business.

No that is not the way I do business. But I have also waited SIX MONTHS for an M1A to be repaired by Springfield Armory without communications returned.  The rifle had less than 20 rounds through it and had to have the op rod replaced.  And it involved a WHOLE LOT more money than you are concerned with.
So if you've waited 2.5 months, you can't touch the problems I've had with a LARGE COMPANY.
So cry, whine, bitch and email all you want, it ain't gonna speed up your order!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Still ain't right.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Still ain't right.

Never said it was! But that is the way business happens sometimes. You may not like, you may hate it! There really isn't much you can do until there is a real lack of "substantial performance" or fraud which takes more than a few months to prove.  The guy is probably over his head with the orders, mishaps, whatever.  I really believe (and I am one cynical SOB!) that he is making every effort to do the right thing EXCEPT for answering each and every inquiry. Some poople are not great communicators and he seems to fit in that category.
Better to hear nothing than empty promises or BS! From past experience with CW, I'll say he is honest - maybe not timely - but honest!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Stop making excuses for this guy, they do not return calls, emails etc, How can you defend that ?? Yes most customers will wait when they are informed but Greenlight will not even do that !!

Agreed! Right now I have placed more hope in Joeken, of being able to provide a RPK receiver..(That I will ONLY order from DPH Arms.)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top