Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/4/2005 2:33:54 PM EDT
Is there any difference between a full and semi bolt?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#1]
not that i kno of sauce the f/a parts dont have anythang to do with the bolt
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought there was a spot on the lower right of the bolt that hangs down to contact the FA sear. The semi bolt doesn't have it or it is ground off.

Of course there is no difference unless the receiver has the third hole for the sear to mount.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I thought there was a spot on the lower right of the bolt that hangs down to contact the FA sear. The semi bolt doesn't have it or it is ground off.

Of course there is no difference unless the receiver has the third hole for the sear to mount.

Chris

That's on the bolt carrier.  Still, with the exception of the Chinese rifles, most all others came into the country with FA carriers.  Most of my experience is with pre '89 weapons - not sure what was going on with the once-banned versions since I never bought any of them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats what I thought. BUT........hypothetically speaking is that not like having an M16 bolt in an AR? Does that not violate NFA rules being in possession of C3 parts with out a C3 permitted gun??
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Ah, I need to learn how to read again.Chris
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]
you can put f/a c3 parts into your gun as long as theres no 3rd hole your fine
well if its legal for you to have the parts (its not legal in some states IE WA)
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#7]
OK..........I was thinking it was illegal to be in possession of c3 parts if you didn't have a stamp for some reason.................ie like a 14" barrell, M16bolt, f/a parts, tec. Because some dist. won't sell you a 10" barrel without proof of a stamp.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top