Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/2/2005 11:28:15 PM EDT
i just bought a kit and im waiting for it in the mail, and i had some questions, what all do i need besides the reciever? im going for the screw method, and was wondering if everything i needed came in the kit minus the receiver? any info is appreciated! im gonna post this in my hometown forum too thank guys!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:26:43 AM EDT
[#1]
everything you need will be there............the only thing you will need to buy besides the receiver is US parts..........if you are going to permanently put a fake suppresor on it to make it legal length of 16 inches, . the US parts I would go with is the receiver, hammer, disconector, trigger, pistol grip. that will give you the minimum foreign parts left (10)

if you decide to go the SBR route, then you won't need any US parts, as 922r does not come into play with a NFA item
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#2]
i havent heard of the SBR what does that mean?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The M92 is a 10" barrel you cant build a 10" rifle without doing a form 1 and paying $200.00 tax to build a Short Barrled Rifle(SBR).  If you dont what to do that you have to permanently attach something so the barrel is longer that 16"
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#4]
i see, where do i get this form 1?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Why the screw method?  Man, it would look so much better with rivets!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#6]
DON'T screw build it man, you will regret it later, M92 is such a neat shooter, it needs to be a rivet build.  Get the Barrell pressed out for you if you don't have a press, and use the "Bolt Cutter" rivet gun, then you will be happy with it.  IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#7]
i just figured the screw method would be a lot easier, and the strength is the same if not better... ill look into the rivet method some more... any buddy got a riveter i can use? :D
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i just figured the screw method would be a lot easier, and the strength is the same if not better... ill look into the rivet method some more... any buddy got a riveter i can use? :D

Yeah that's why the Russians screwed theirs together.......
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#9]
noooo they prolly just didnt have any screws layin around!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

you can download the form 1 off the web, and the citizenship form.........but you still will need to order the fingerprint card from them, as those you can't download, so just order all the forms from the ATF pubs branch.....I filled out the thing last week, and I got the packet of forms today

here is the forms you will need,

F 1 (5320.1) .............that is the form 1,  

F 5330.20 - Certificate of Compliance With 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B)............ that is the citizenship form, and

FBI FD-258LE - NFA, Imports ORI DCATF0100..................... that is the fingerprint form.

it's just a simple matter of filling out the blocks, click submitt, and just wait a week.....I order 10 of each form, just to make it worth their wild.

here is the web site........

www.atf.treas.gov/dcof/index.htm

and I agree with everybody else..........don't screw the thing together, if you are going to build it, build it right, screwing it together may work, but the thing will look like a bubba built firearm.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#11]
awesome thanks!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#12]
You can't do the SBR thing in Washington unless you have a FFL and pay SOT every year.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#13]
good to know, thanks for the info, looks like ill get a fake can, that counts as 1 US part doesnt it?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm your case the fake can is "part of the barrel" because it needs to be permanent.  Weld, pin or silver solder.  These topics are relevant with AR's as well espically in the ban states.

You will need 5 parts because of the premanent nature of the can if I am not mistaken.  Please double check on this.  FCG-3, receiver-1, try to get US made Yugo style pistol grip or regular US pistol grip.

There is some one selling US made Yugo grips on EE.  I know he is out but he was trying to see how much interest there was for future batches.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#15]
anyone familiar with the tapco double hook and single hook FCG's? whats the difference? also when doing the rivets,  can you use any old rivet popper or is it a special riviter that has to be used?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
anyone familiar with the tapco double hook and single hook FCG's? whats the difference? also when doing the rivets,  can you use any old rivet popper or is it a special riviter that has to be used?

Here is a thread about M92 fake can
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=73978

If you go Global Trades route you can you both.  If you go Joeken you will need a single, but you can use a double if you file/dremel another slot.  See here from DrugRunR post
img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/DrugRunR/EubanksGen2/BottomViewBoth.jpg

As for rivets people use a press with a jig or bolt cutters they modify or buy modified.  The rivets look like  www.k-var.com/product.asp?3=471 and they get squeezed and smushed.

Just a suggestion but you might want to start off on a cheap Romy kit or send off your M92 to a builder.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you can download the form 1 off the web, and the citizenship form.........but you still will need to order the fingerprint card from them, as those you can't download, so just order all the forms from the ATF pubs branch.....I filled out the thing last week, and I got the packet of forms today

here is the forms you will need,

F 1 (5320.1) .............that is the form 1,  

F 5330.20 - Certificate of Compliance With 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B)............ that is the citizenship form, and

FBI FD-258LE - NFA, Imports ORI DCATF0100..................... that is the fingerprint form.

it's just a simple matter of filling out the blocks, click submitt, and just wait a week.....I order 10 of each form, just to make it worth their wild.

here is the web site........

www.atf.treas.gov/dcof/index.htm

and I agree with everybody else..........don't screw the thing together, if you are going to build it, build it right, screwing it together may work, but the thing will look like a bubba built firearm.

thanks for the info,...ive been trying to get a ansewr out of the ATF for weeks,.and all i get is a damn run around!

all this info should be somewhere easier to find.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:53:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is a thread about M92 fake can
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=73978

Just a suggestion but you might want to start off on a cheap Romy kit or send off your M92 to a builder.

no way man, im good at legos, how much harder can this be??  totally kidding, but i will be building this with people who have done it before, i am just asking all the questions b4 hand so i can go into it having the basic ideas already. i really appreciate all your input, you guys are really knowledgeable! and no one has been a dickhead yet! thanks!! :D
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top