Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 8:21:18 PM EDT
I recently purchased a few romanian kits from DPH Arms.  They are currently being shipped.

I also currently own a SAR-1 semi-auto AK.

It it legal to be in posession of kit parts and a semi-auto rifle?  I am concerned about possible full-auto parts in the kit.

If I were to keep the SAR-1 at a friend's house, would this avoid any problems?  

Thanks!

JOE
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got some kits from DPH also, they do have all the FA parts EXCEPT the disconnector.  I dont think it should be a problem, but then again, I am not a lawyer.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.

I plan on tossing all the hammers, triggers, and sears anyway.

Good excuse to get Red Star trigger sets.

By the way, how did you like the DPH kits?

JOE
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#3]
A lot if not all of the recent Rommy kits come with SEMI AUTO parts.  Don't throw them out.  These rifles may have originaly been semi auto only!!!

You need a third pin to make use of the auto sear.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
In the olden days, having FA parts sitting around and a rifle they could possibly fit in was of some concern and even the BATF warned against it.  Luckily, the Supreme Court ruled in a case of the People (yeah right) vs Thompson Contender.........in other words, they said the Government would have to prove intent to break the law, that posession of "parts" dd not imply illegal activity.  Don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the site Joe..  

DPH will treat you right.  While I haven't purchased any of his Romy kits, I have never been let down by his quality.

Reguardless of the legalities of anything, if it makes you feel better, drop your SAR off at a friends house, couldn't hurt besides you could make a convert..  unless he converted you, in which case it might not be wise to leave it with him...  he could have a boating accident!!    

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:15:55 PM EDT
[#6]
joe,
tell you what.don't drill a 3rd axis hole or notch the right side guide rail for the auto sear.That way you can't use those go fast parts. Nobody can say you hav

e a machine gun if the parts don't fit!R1150R
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top