Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 6:08:34 PM EDT
ok the 2 wood screws are out but do i have to punch out the dowel pin also to remove the stock...this thing aint movin' for nothin'............Help please
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:17:34 PM EDT
[#1]
You lost me on the "dowel pin". Standard butt stocks are a little tough to get out sometimes, but they are only attached with the two wood screws. A thumbhole probably has the pistol grip screw also.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#2]
i was reffering to the metal pin that goes through the wooden stock right next to the receiver it does have a pistol grip
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#3]
No, you don't have to remove the metal pin.  After removing the 2 screws take a large screw driver and kind of pry the the stock out from the inside against the cross pin.  If you need a little more leverage add a spacer between the screwdriver and the cross pin.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Still confused on the metal pin thing. Anyway, there are two methods I use that work. One is to hold the rifle by the handgaurd in one hand and smack the sides of the stock with the other. Do so at an angle alternating sides. This should slowly loosen it up. Second is to remove the bolt/bolt carrier. Use a socket extension or similar tool and tap(smack) on the butt stub from inside the receiver. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks guys....i got it......the unknown was kinda scarey.....this is my first ak....and its no AR15 but it is pretty cool
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I just tap it out from the inside using a wooden dowel.  In my experience, it is the easiest method, and the least likely to damage anything.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:48:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
and its no AR15 but it is pretty cool

You're right it isn't.  It's a gun that will never ever let you down.  It may not pick off a gnat at 1000 yards, but then again I don't expect to ever need to shoot a gnat, much less one at 1000 yards.

It will however deliver awesome power on a human form at 250 yards...  Which might some day be required.

So good luck and let us know if you need any more help.

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top