Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/27/2005 10:39:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I drill them with a smaller bit about 1/4 inch through the rivet then use a pin punch to drive them out.  Use Kroil to for good measure.  They pop right out with this method.  Be sure to use a flat pin punch, I think the center punches push out the metal.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Kroil is your friend..  Don't leave home without it..
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#4]
your local gunshop should carry it, if not..  I don't know if Wallyworld does??

I misread your original post, I thought you were having trouble with the pins not the rivets.

For the rivets, I prefer to sand them flush so I can get a good read on the center. Centerpunch them and then start small and slow and work your way up to just shy of the true rivet diameter.  I go about 2/3 the way and change to a larger bit.  When you are near the rivet diameter, insert a steel punch and give it a few hard taps.  It should come loose.  Make sure you are not resting the rear trunnion on the rivet you are trying to punch out or well, you know, it won't move....

Sorry for the confusion
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top