Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2005 11:30:09 PM EDT
Is there a source for 100% correct US made AK-47 slant breaks?....
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 4:15:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 4:17:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Bought mine from Global Trades and identical to the original.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Brownells has them HERE
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I should know by tommorrow if one of my suppliers has them instock. If they do I hope to have them for under $10.
ETA I dont have them yet but if I get some on order I will list them on my site as coming soon so check back
www.MidwestArmory.com I will also be getting some Ak birdcage suppressors soon.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Duke, if you get them in, I'm good for at least three. Any hopes of an AK74-style brake?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Brownells has them HERE

Well, I just bought one of those and I'm a little pissed. There is no "USA" made marking anywhere on it. Worthless as a compliance part.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Brownells has them HERE

Well, I just bought one of those and I'm a little pissed. There is no "USA" made marking anywhere on it. Worthless as a compliance part.

The Global Trades don't say USA either...  Then again, there is no requirement for your US parts to say USA so it don't matter!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Brownells has them HERE

The Global Trades don't say USA either...  Then again, there is no requirement for your US parts to say USA so it don't matter!

So then how do you know it's US made? You think the ATF is going to take my word for it? Not being a smartass, just wondering.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#9]
The ATF has a special instrument that the send your gun through on a big conveyor belt.  This instrument is able to determine the cuntry of origen of each of the specified evil parts and keep count of all of those made outside of the USA.  If there are too many imported parts, alarms will sound ... huge puffs of steam will come out of the bottom of the machine, and BATFE agents from a radius of 100-miles will circle on your location.

This is why it is important that YOU KNOW that you have less the the evil number of imported parts....

Does that help?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The ATF has a special instrument that the send your gun through on a big conveyor belt.  This instrument is able to determine the cuntry of origen of each of the specified evil parts and keep count of all of those made outside of the USA.  If there are too many imported parts, alarms will sound ... huge puffs of steam will come out of the bottom of the machine, and BATFE agents from a radius of 100-miles will circle on your location.

This is why it is important that YOU KNOW that you have less the the evil number of imported parts....

Does that help?

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#11]
hey duke, if you get them in, is there any chance we can get you to put a "c" on them or something?
would that do any good?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I was in the shower earlier thinking the same thing.  What do you do with your included overseas parts when building from a parts kit?  keep them in a bag in your gear so that you can show an identical part for each you swapped in hopes that they believe you?

I figure if you have two slant brakes and one rifle that they will trust that you didn't track down a foreign one, but that you found a USA made part and that is the one you installed, provided they are identical and have no reason to not use the USA part.  Likewise, if that works, what would keep someone from just keeping a bunch of USA parts on hand and saying he already did the swap, being the lazy bastard he might be?

ETA:  WTF??  that slant brake at brownell's sure as F*ck isn't the same as the one that came on my polish kit!!  That one looks like it's made for barrel lenght compliance or something!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Global Trades is supposed to have 'em in stock now. Check 'em out. Madtechcool
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:08:42 AM EDT
[#15]
GT's brake looks elongated as well...

what gives?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Personally, I don't much care if they are elongated; it proves they're not OEM, and a little extra metal on the bottom just helps the compensator effect. I'll just be happy if I can find a handful of them for my builds.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Does a receipt from the company work for the BATF. I have a birdcage suppressor that came with my kit from AKParts and on the bag that all my parts were in it said US Muzzle Brake. No where on it did it say US made. They even sell them on their site and they look just like mine. So if they are US made, how can you tell the BATF that they are?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#18]
The parts count law is to keep full weapons from being imported and is a way to be able to technically call an assault rifle a US made weapon so it doesn't fall under import laws (don't quote me 100% on my wording) and the BATF is there to explain the rule and be enough of a presence to convince you to follow the rules.  

Sodomy is probably against the law in your state, but noone comes to your house to check, do they?  

Just be a good boy and do what you are supposed to do and if noone has a reason to think you are that lazy to replace the parts, they won't bother you.  If you have a second version of all of those parts, I don't think anyone will question whether you actually installed the US version or were lazy and just left it out.

right?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I think Gunplumber at ARS manufactures a US made slant brake.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top