Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/22/2005 7:52:56 AM EDT
Alright, if I forgot the designator (NHM vs NMH) please forgive me. I found one in a local pawn shop for $300. It has a nice walnut thumbhole that could probably be modified, double hook trigger assembly and muzzle extension tack-welded over the thread. Finish looks very good and is a straight-cut receiver. I know some depends on quality of parts used, but how much would it be worth if I convert it to a pistol grip configuration?? I would most probably do it with the resale in mind. Thanks for input.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:54:19 AM EDT
[#1]
you probably wont make money off of it but $300 is a good price for an NHM.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#2]
You will not make any money converting that rifle.  It's a good deal for someone who's looking for a typical chinese shooter,  and it's a little different.

The walnut -- if you're lucky enough to have walnut instead of 'bayberry' -- can be transformed into conversion wood.  It's made in the USA to begin with.

The Nan Hum Man, manufactured across the border from N. Korea,  is good quality.  But you won't make it into a $500 rifle, even if you have it chrome plated and get a snarling panther carved in the butt.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top