Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/21/2005 4:16:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Are any of the holes roughed out, or is it completely blank, also did it come with a template?....
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you happy with the internal rails that come with the kit?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I got two of the first blanks coming out. The front trunion fit perfectly like a glove, but the rear was 1/8" too wide. The blank is also too tall. The template that came with the blanks is also not right. I have had to creep along compairing ACE templates and other receivers so as to be able to do this build. The upper rails require much metal to be cut off and the rear is too long and needs to be shortened to make everything come together correctly. I was not impressed with the  lower rails as they look like something I made in the vise. I hope they will work or I may replace them with something more correct. I wish now that I had waited for the 80% receivers that are coming out.

I still have one other untouched blank and template that I would return to CSS for a correct updated unit if I thought he would do it.

h=85%

Quoted:
After a disapointing start with blanks that were just not right for the Yugos, Cold Steel Solutions has a re-dimensioned blank.  I got some and can verify that they are the right height.  For those who like to do the work themselves, this blank has the best potential.  It is 1.5 thickness and very heavy.  The bends are correct and the width is such that no milling to narrow the trunion will be necessary.  If there are any issues which come up during the build, I will update this,  At the moment,  the blanks seem to be a fine product and worth considering for your build. I am very pleased with mine.hr
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Mines supposed to ship out on the 24th, will i get the redimensioned one? Or did you get a sample blank ahead of time so you could review it?
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top