Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/20/2005 9:05:12 AM EDT
i just got a triggerguard set from k-var, my question is once i drill the hole to install the magcatch what will stop the pin from falling out?  sorry i know this is a dumb question but i never did this before, just want to make sure i dont screw it up.  thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#1]
On standard AK mag catches, the retainer pin is peened on either end to keep it in place...however..

Your trigger guard came without the mag catch and pin installed? I've never seen that before.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the reply, i dont know how to post a pic or a hotlink but this is exactly what im working with  http://www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=216&1=254&3=350  thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#3]
damn that price is up there
if i was you id send it back and get 1 off the ee with everythang installed
if you make a wtb add it will prolly get ignored
if you offer to pay anythang close to what you payed for that you will have offers commin out your ears
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#4]
HOLY CRAP!

Expensive and tons of work...

Yeah Socndy is right, get one from the crew...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#5]
yeah almost cost as much as an ak, im gonna return it + id rather not deal with installing the magcatch thanks for the advice guys.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#6]
For those who want to try to assemble the thing...

I have had big trouble getting the spring and latch installed once the triggerguard is riveted to the receiver.  I still can't get my Romak III latch installed...  Assemble the triggerguard off the receiver and use a drill bit as a slave pin during assembly.

Once you get the spring, pin, and latch all located in the triggerguard, you can peen both ends at the same time by using 2 ball bearings and your bench vise.  Use some tape or drop of superglue to hold the bearings in alignment with the pin ends, and just squeeze them in the vise.  You don't need to lean on the vise handle, just apply enough pressure to get the ends to flare.  That's it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]
damn i got it on 4/18/2005 its too late! next time ill get a romanian kit for spare parts ext.  thanks for the replys you guys kick asshug.gif

edit- im gonna attempt to install it i understand how it works now thanks.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top