Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 8:07:24 PM EDT
What's the button and through pin looking deal that sits above the underfolder stock on the Yugo's? I get the take the three pins out of the main assembly to remove the underfolder, but not sure what's up with the button/pin near the top of the rear trunion block.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
it locks the recoil spring in place which keeps the top cover on (durring grenade firing?)
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#2]
So how do you remove it to finish the disassmebly of the parts from the torched receiver?

To help make it more clear, the part in question is circled in red.

http://storage.msn.com/x1pbglk-vqL4Bt1yxFTd4LVLzVFBy4JGei34LwiNzP27cHUGlXBKQVm1Lef09WnTjP5bwIEKHXm-1Pm3FOlVLuDs-E3SJt3KjVlYUfs9_n6YkIJKyD5Ly1aOND1ZGLRvxlXulclf8Nu02y94IN0n1Sb-Q

Hopefully Quasi doesn't mind me borrowing his picture.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:42:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So how do you remove it to finish the disassmebly of the parts from the torched receiver?

Paging Templar..... he'd know more abt it than I.

I'm wondering myself, as I have a SWEET UF kit in the closet that I bought from Bocefus that's
waiting on a receiver.....
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:58:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Howdy, new to this forum and am enjoying allo the great info.  Started my Yugo last night.  Rear trunion is a B----!  The "button in question is really/was quite easy.  On the rt side is a "nut" that is staked on, look for the punch marks.  I held the left side with a pair of vice grips, and used a pair of small snap ring pleijers to spin off the nut.  the threads were right hand.  I found it quite easy, good luck.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
You will find a similar nut on the greade site as well.  I took an old stubby screwdriver and ground a notch out of it to avoid and damage to the nut from using a vice grip.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:02:46 AM EDT
[#6]
The stubby screwriver just notched with a V from the edge of your bench grinder wheel works like a champ.

Now I'm wondering, is there any need to drill the receiver and put this pin back in?  I've changed the standard recoil assembly, to a piston version, which of course doesn't have the little foot on the bottom like the Yugo one.  All in all I'm not sure there is a reason to add it back.

anyone?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The stubby screwriver just notched with a V from the edge of your bench grinder wheel works like a champ.

Now I'm wondering, is there any need to drill the receiver and put this pin back in?  I've changed the standard recoil assembly, to a piston version, which of course doesn't have the little foot on the bottom like the Yugo one.  All in all I'm not sure there is a reason to add it back.

anyone?

Unless you are going for authenticity, I don't see why. It is just another thing that I have to push in and hold while taking off the cover and/or bolt carrier.  It seems that it was "added" to the design for assurance (maybe for granade firing as mentioned above), but I don't see why you would need it for regular use (like all other AKs).

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top