Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/19/2005 8:50:20 AM EDT
I just got my first AK, a Romanian from Centerfire, most of the parts look great. Now for my Q, in the rear trunion are there 4 rivets or 2 that go all of the way thru? TIA
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:56:35 AM EDT
[#1]
2 that go all the way through.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! Now how do you remove th gas piston & is it left hand thread?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#3]
there is a pin that goes through horizontally, where the pistol (right hand thread) screws into the bolt carrier. if you look very closely, you should be able to see it, it may help to sand off the finish. I usually grind on it a little and punch it out halfway, the drill it out I think it takes about a 1/8" bit. the carrier is hardened  steel, harder than a trunnion I think.. after that I vise the piston and unscrew it. IT's easy once you know how.

afterwards find the right size nail to put in there.

My friend just used a 5/32 drill and an AK trunion rivet.

hammer it is there, and file it down to shape.

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top