Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/16/2005 6:37:31 PM EDT
Im in the middle of my AMD-65 build. Ive just fit the front trunion to the reciever, and Im working on the rear reciever now. I put the cover on, but I cant seem to get the tab on the spring to latch into the hole in the cover. I thought it wasnt going forward enough, so I cut a bit more room for the side of the folding stock in the reciever, but the tab still wont go. Do I have to grind a bit of material off of the reciever cover, or is there something Im overlooking?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it hitting the top screws on the rear trunion? Are the rails in the groves in the rear trunion?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Fishpaw,  tonight I had the same problem with an AMD-65 build. Mine has an AR type stock with rear block adaptor, not a folder.  At first I didn't have the cover inserted into the front trunnion slot correctly. After I corrected that it still wouldn't lock in on the back. So I lay it on it's side with the safety side up and pushed from the rear of the cover (forward) and down and it popped right into place and locked. At first I was using a lot of force (trying too hard).  I didn't remove any material from the cover. Maybe this method will work for you.

RTO
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]
RTO..thanks for the tip. Ill see if this will work. I did notice that the front of the cover kept popping out of the slot in the front trunion. Ill also check this against a friends AK, and see if they are lining up the same. ALso, RES...The reciver is in the slots. They are a bit tight, but they seem to be staying in. Also, I dont think the cover is hitting the screws. Ill try to do more work in it in the morning, and Ill post if that fix works. Thanks...
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, it seems that my top cover needed to be widened a little, in order to fit. Is the OOW reciever wider than others? Once I bent the bottom of the cover out a bit on each side, it seems to have solved the problem. Now on to the next problem.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top