Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/10/2005 4:30:27 PM EDT
Who sells a nice Flash supressor (moderate cost) and and are all AK threads the same pictch and
size? After I thread one on, does it have to be pinned or can I just tighten it?  Are their any rules
I must abide by?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Global Trades makes a US made slant brake that would the correct thing to put on it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#2]
There are a few others that I like  that would enhance the "looks" to a greater degree
Opinions ??
Global Trades

A117  A118  A119    Reasons why one of these would work or not??
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Is your SAR-1 barrel threaded? Mine isn't.  If it is, it may be the 14 X1 left hand thread.

RTO
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#4]
When you get it threaded, if you install a AK style break/flash hider you will also need to buy the spring and retaining pin that goes into the sight base to keep it from moving.  Im currently on the search for those parts as we speak, I had to back my slant brake back a half turn otherwise it would be upside down, and theres no way other than loctite or metalset to keep it from turning.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#5]
nf9648, have you gone to the K-Var website? I think that their part #AK-073  is the pin and spring that you are looking for.  

RTO
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is your SAR-1 barrel threaded? Mine isn't.  If it is, it may be the 14 X1 left hand thread.

RTO

Nope, It is part of the to do list.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to put a slant brake on mine. I haven't bought the die yet. I am having too much fun with my AK and AR builds.  

RTO
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Global trades has the pin and spring listed for $6.  Look at the bottom of this page:
http://www.globaltrades.com/ak_sights.html

Look under the US-made AK parts for some muzzle brakes and flash hiders (including a US made AKM style slant brake).  
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Who sells a nice Flash supressor (moderate cost) and and are all AK threads the same pictch and
size?

What do you consider a moderate cost? You might want to take a look at the Vortex flash hiders which are supposed to reduce the flash by 99.99%. You can find them for the AK's here and background information here. A little pricey but if they function the way they are supposed to it might be well worth the few extra bucks. There is no need for an indexing pin either. These are currently in use by the U.S. Military. Check-out how it functions in FA mode here. Zero muzzle flash! Beats the heck out of a blinding fireball. It might not look as cool but the functionality is certainly there.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:32:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I ordered the pin and spring from another sight for $4 + shipping.  I forget the name of the site but I got it off a faq on his forum regarding places to get parts, its supposedly one if the biggest parts places online that Ive never delt with.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I am going to try the "snake brake" off my AMD kit on my newest Romanian build.  I will let you know how it works.  Anybody else ever try it?
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top