Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/9/2005 4:14:42 PM EDT
Tonight I started going through the parts that came in a zip-lock baggy with the rest of my AMD-65 kit. I have 20 assorted small parts such as springs, spacers, pins, etc. and quite frankly I can only figure-out where about 10 of them go. Does anybody have any links or pics showing a step-by-step build-up of the internal parts on the AMD-65? I have no problem finding tutorials on building receivers and the like but nothing on how to put together the functional parts of the rifle. I guess this is where it'd be a big help to have one available as a model. Makes me wish I hadn't sold my Norinco AK back in '89.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of those are the stock folder parts...some may be full auto parts (caution there...).

Snap a pic, number them, and we'll tell you where to put'em.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#2]
yep what he said...  post a pic and we will tell you what is what..  If you need help with hosting..  email to me and I will put it up for you.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Some of those are the stock folder parts...

Thanks guys. Stupid me. I completely forgot about the folding stock. Yep, that accounts for three of the mystery parts. The only other parts remaining that I'm not sure about is a sleeve and a small funky looking spring with bends on each leg. Once I get the receivers and begin putting it all together I think I can figure it out but if I'm stumped again I'll be sure to take a couple of photos and post them here for advice.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Sleeve goes on the trigger, spring with bend retains the hammer and trigger pins (good thing to replace).
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sleeve goes on the trigger, spring with bend retains the hammer and trigger pins (good thing to replace).

How does the sleeve fit on trigger? I couldn't figure it out, so I left it out of my pistol biuld, it works fine. WTF?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Here are the two parts.

The sleeve is too big to fit inside the trigger but is just about right to be pressed into the hammer.  I haven't a clue as to where the little spring goes. harley_nut, I think you're talking about the longer pin retainer spring. There is also a small spacer that I wasn't real sure where it went but it fits right into the the trigger group.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#7]
It does go in the trigger, the trigger you received is not large enough to accept the sleeve..  the little spring is for the hammer retarder..  The hammer retarder was designed to reduce the cyclic rate of fire.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It does go in the trigger, the trigger you received is not large enough to accept the sleeve..  the little spring is for the hammer retarder..  The hammer retarder was designed to reduce the cyclic rate of fire.

There is no hammer retarder with the kit. It's strictly semi-auto. Maybe the small spring is a left-over from when it was once FA so I'm guessing that it may just be an extra part? Neither the trigger nor the sear/disconnector is large enough for the sleeve and the pin fits perfectly without it. Maybe I have two extra parts or should I slightly ream the hole in the trigger and sear just enough so that I can press the sleeve into place? The sleeve looks to be made out of spring steel so maybe it's designed to give a little added strength to the trigger/sear pin hole to prevent wear? I'm grasping at straws here.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#9]
The sleeve is designed to make installation of the disconnector and trigger easier..  as it makes it a one piece unit instead of needing three hands to hold the trigger, disconnector, and disconnector spring, slide it in to position, and then insert the pin..  The AMD kits that I have seen have that came with the SA FCG came with a set that was designed to not be interchangable with the others..

No if you didn't get the FA parts, you should not have received the retarder spring.

Life is like AK kits...  you never know what you are going to get...
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:12:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Life is like AK kits...  you never know what you are going to get...

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#11]
The pin for the trigger group was a big help for instaling it.  Girlfriend found it in the bag while I was standing on my head trying to get the spring from the disconnector out from under the refrigerator.  Kitchen table makes a  good AK assembly area.  
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top