Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/9/2005 9:36:21 AM EDT
Will a Romanian Lever Side Folder work on an OOW receiver?  I know I'll have to do alittle dremel work probably but how big a pain in the ass is this gonna be?

Joe
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I doubt you will have to do any dremel work if you're installing a Rommy side folder.  They mate up to a standard rear trunnion that is used for solid stocks.  All you have to do is remove the fixed stock on your rifle and slide the Rommy in its place.  You may have to do some minor fitting but nothing major.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Beings that the receiver on the OOW is thicker it will not fit as easily, you will have to do some grinding.  For example, I had an East German folder, not the same design as the Romanian, but it would slide in my SAR2 no problem.  Tried to fit the same folder into my OOW receiver and it would not go in without some grinding.  I left the OOW with a fixed and put the folder on my SAR2.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Would I grind the rear tang?  

Joe
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:37:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't grind the tang.  If you are going to grind anything grind the stock block that fits into the receiver.  I wouldn't modify anything attached to the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Do I need to buy a rear block?  I ask because the source for my folder says its just the stock and screws.  If so, where would I obtain a rear block for use with a Romanian Side Folder?

Joe
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:02:02 AM EDT
[#6]
You won't need the rear block. The stock just slides in place and screws in. The rifle will already have a rear trunnion block.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You won't need the rear block. The stock just slides in place and screws in. The rifle will already have a rear trunnion block.

Not true.

If this is a bare OOW receiver it has no rear tang with which to attach to. You need a standard rear block (aka rear trunion). Like a romanian. I recently picked one op at a gunshow for $15. I'll take a look around the net and see if I can find one.

Found them on k-var

www.k-var.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=216&1=250&2=-1&6=1

the standard romanian rear runion shoud d what you need.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top