[#2]
awsome man
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice job!
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
gtbehary,

Does the Tapco flat function with no problems?  I have two unbuilt kits and have contemplated bending my own, but will only do so if no issues exist in seating the mag properly.  Otherwise, I may just get two of the Global Trades receivers.

Next question:  How did you fit the receiver with the folder? Did you use a Dremel?

Nice work

Jim
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Looks good but where is the finish?

I have MolyCoat and AlumnaGuard.  I may try my hand at MolyCoat, if I can figure out how to use the airbrush.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
gtbehary,

Does the Tapco flat function with no problems?  I have two unbuilt kits and have contemplated bending my own, but will only do so if no issues exist in seating the mag properly.  Otherwise, I may just get two of the Global Trades receivers.

Next question:  How did you fit the receiver with the folder? Did you use a Dremel?

Nice work

Jim

Jim,
The mag fits great.  The main part about the flats is your ability to weld in the lower rails.  I use a spot welder.  I used my milling machine for a perfect fit, but when I dimpled the rear rivet holes, the slot got distorted a little and I had to use a dremel to clean it up.  Not a pretty picture!  Thats why therr is no close-ups of the rear trunnion area!
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 4:41:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 5:25:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And cleaning rod?

I realized that the cleaning rod was off  after I took the pictures...it is on now.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 5:27:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
hese

Best choice for this build in my opinion.  No extra holes to fill and since it is an AK-74, there wont be any gap between selector and top cover.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice job!. Looks great.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have MolyCoat and AlumnaGuard.  I may try my hand at MolyCoat, if I can figure out how to use the airbrush.

how well will the moly coat match the existing finish on the barrel and dust cover?
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

how well will the moly coat match the existing finish on the barrel and dust cover?

I am not sure.  I have never used it before.  I ordered the "satin black" so it should be close.
george
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Finished with AlumnaHyde II

www.picyard.com/main/data/500/160folder4.jpg

www.picyard.com/main/data/500/160folder6.jpg

www.picyard.com/main/data/500/160folder5.jpg

that looks pretty sweet! do they do a flat Alumahyde II?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:02:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The AlumnHyde II that I used is a satin finish.  I then oversprayed it with a clear polyurethane to give it a bit more shine.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes there is a flat alumahyde II

Just check brownells, they have it in a few differnt colors.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top