Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 9:52:21 PM EDT
I believe the law to state that a rifle must be at least 26" OAL with minimum 16" BBL.

So my question is, must a pistol be under 26"OAL???? I saw someone saying something about it, but I've never heard of it.
How come everyone is always replaceing there AMD breaks with shorter ones when building a pistol?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:11:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe that is correct that it must be under 26" or it is considered designed to fire from the shoulder. As for the AMD breaks I have a slant break on the way just because I dont want the added length of the AMD break plus in my opinion its ugly. If Im gonna put on the ugly break I might as well put on the extension and US parts and make it a rifle.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:51:36 AM EDT
[#2]
You are correct <26" for a pistol. The pistol is cool and cheap way to go as you don't need the US parts and you can always build it into a rifle later but can't legally build a rifle into a pistol.Amd-6X kit  barrels are the right length for a pistol build.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top