Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/3/2005 5:20:39 PM EDT
Hi! This is my first post to this forum. I used to have a thumbhole Mak-90, but got rid of it a few years ago. I have been missing having one ever since. I came across a Russian parts kit at SG for a good price and I ordered one. Well it came in, but was in nowhere near the condition they advertised.
I decided to keep it anyway. I have been surfing the web, trying to find out as much as possible about a receiver and building it into a shootable semiautomatic. The big problem is, it has a milled receiver and these appear to be hard to find and expensive. I would appreciate hearing from anyone with information on sources for milled receivers and especially from anyone who has built or had built a Russian milled underfolder.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive never built one from a milled receiver but you should be able to use a stamped receiver with out to many problems. You might need to replace or make a rear trunion.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 7:46:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ive never built one from a milled receiver but you should be able to use a stamped receiver with out to many problems. You might need to replace or make a rear trunion.

I believe you will need to have the barrel turned down so it will fit into a regular trunion if you are going to go that route.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#4]
you can mill down the front block and use it as a trunnion
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:56:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everybody for the info. I still haven't decided whether to put it in a milled receiver or stamped yet. That was a great idea to use the milled stub as a trunion. I have access to a mill so that is a possibility.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top