Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 5:19:46 PM EDT
OK, last weekend was nirvana for me, getting to do my second and third most favorite things -- started a batch of hard cider and my AMD-65 build.

The cider is off and running with a fierce fermentation.

As for the rifle, I've permanently attached the longer TAPCO brake and successfully drilled out and removed rivet remains in the barrel trunnion. On the path to ATF righteousness, I'm trying to replace the gas piston with a US equivalent from TAPCO, and I cannot for the life of me get the old one out.

Help, please!

TIA
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a file or stone and clean the finish off the end of the carrier where the piston is screwed in. This should reveal the pin that holds the piston. Center punch the pin on each side. Drill about 1/8" deep on each side with a 3/16" bit. The piston should then unscrew.
HTH
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top