Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 3:08:31 PM EDT
I received a great Polish Underfolder kit from ORF yesterday.  I have started to prepare it for a new receiver by removing the old receiver pieces from the front trunnion and the trigger guard.  I have run into a problem with the rear trunnion.  I cant remove the stock from the underfolding trunnion.  

I know there must be a pin in the assembly some place.  Is there someone out there that can help me?

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually there are 2 pins...one goes through the round nut on the outside (ejection side).  The other one goes through the latching hardware inside the receiver.  They are pretty easy to remove.  Just keep in mind how to reassemble everything once you are ready...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:32:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe this link will help. You need to drill a hole in the bottom of the receiver stub to remove the pin that is shown in step 12.
Under folder assembly
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
You don't need to drill any holes.  Push the button until the entire assembley moves over  one of the holes in the bottom of the reciever, then drive it out.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#4]
My Pole wasn't still attached to the receiver stub. It makes sense that there already is a hole, because you will need to drill one on your new receiver.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:20:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Without taking mine apart I can't tell you what the hole's for or what it's called, but it would make sense that the orginal Soviet armorers wouldn't want to drill a hole in a reciever just to pull a pin.  

I thought it was going to be a bitch to take the folder apart on my kit, but once I had it in hand it went pretty easily.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:14:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I got it.  I just rotated the stock and punched out three pins with one of my AR-15 punches.  Thanks for the help fellas.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I'll be damned!  I don't have the pin going through the locking lug...the one going through the center support seems to keep the locking assembly from turning.  It works fine like it is, but I would like for it to be correct, so I guess I will hunt for an extra pin...
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top