Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/12/2004 8:03:26 PM EDT
Last weekend the wife & I passed through Houston, so of course I had to stop by Global and pick up a couple of receivers, one 5.45 and one 7.62 . I can't for the life of me see any difference at all between the two, other than the caliber marking. Are there really any differences? If so, what are they?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#1]
how bout the magwell :P
theres also a slight diff in the rails
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:12:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I can't see too much of a difference, but a 7.62 mag barely won't fit in the 5.45, so there must be a little difference. Of course, its too tight in the 7.62 receiver anyway! Guess I'll be doing some fine-tuning when that one gets used.

I can't eyeball any big difference in the rails. The part that sticks out further than the rest might be a tiny bit longer on the 5.45, but I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Ejector on the 5.45 is slightly longer as the case is smaller than the 7.62 so it must ride in the bolt farther to catch the base of the spent shell.  The magwell of the 5.45 is shorter front to back, but just slightly.  

These are the only mods I had to make when using the Vulcan receivers.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#4]
The bolt rails on the 5.45 are thinner to properly seat in the groove on the bolt. 7.62 and most 223 bolts have a wider groove on the bolt.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#5]
The only differance is the mag well and ejector rail.
 That's it.
HTH,
Shadow
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top