Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 2:22:41 PM EDT
I want to mount the front grip tommy gun style how far foward do i have to cut the new hole for the pistol grip nut and be able to clear 30 rd mags? BTW im using Tapco SAW grips
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I want to mount the front grip tommy gun style how far foward do i have to cut the new hole for the pistol grip nut and be able to clear 30 rd mags? BTW im using Tapco SAW grips

Are you saying you are going to  put a backwards SAW grip as a front or handguard grip?  If so I don't think that would really be practical or look decent.  And I bet do to the length of the SAW grip it's going to have to be mounted some what forward of the original.  That being said the SAW grip is what I prefer as a standard grip.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen backwards SAW grips used, so I know that they can work.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#3]
ive seen it done and there were pics of it but they have since dissapeared  I think it looks good and feel much more comfortable than the how the AMD origionaly came
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I think that tommy gun style would look hot. Very aggressive especially w/ SAW grips. Just lay the gun on it's side w/ a 30 rounder in an lay the grip down and look at it . You'll get  a better idea of where you want it and how your hands clear the mag. Then you'll figure out where to drill.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top