Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/28/2004 4:22:58 PM EDT
I know this is a long shot but here it goes.  I NEED a OOW receiver but lack a dealer who will not "charge an arm and leg" for.  There is going to be a rather large gun show in Saratoga Springs, NY at the end of October.  Is there anyone out there who maybe attending, who can help me get one?  Please.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
if you buy it at a gun show, you will be buying from an FFL dealer. all you have to do is fill out the form..pay for it...take it home!!!!!! that is how i get my recievers..

you probably will pay a couple of bucks extra than what OOW charges, but it is alot less of a hassle
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
if you buy it at a gun show, you will be buying from an FFL dealer. all you have to do is fill out the form..pay for it...take it home!!!!!! that is how i get my recievers..

you probably will pay a couple of bucks extra than what OOW charges, but it is alot less of a hassle

+1
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:46:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I am going to try, but so far the FFL holders I have contacted locally want to charge me $100+ and shipping and of course tax.  I was hoping to get away a little cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am going to try, but so far the FFL holders I have contacted locally want to charge me $100+ and shipping and of course tax.  I was hoping to get away a little cheaper.hr

Wow a $100.00 to do a transfer.hock.gifhock.gifhatI understand Some dealers are in it for the business, but a $100.00 a pop is pretty extreme. It might be his way of saying "I don't like doing transfers".

Sorry for your luck.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I am in NH and I just picked up my reciever from a my regular dealy and it was $85 he says after shipping  he made $13 ,, I can't fault him
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am in NH and I just picked up my reciever from a my regular dealy and it was $85 he says after shipping  he made $13 ,, I can't fault him

Your dealer LIED to you. The receivers from OOW are $71.95 shipped. He made $13.05!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

NHgunnut, where abouts in NH?

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:46:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I've looked into doing that myself. It's not as hard as some folks make it out to be. Talk to the folks at http://www.rkffl.com and they can set you up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:56:52 AM EDT
[#10]
It used to be that hobbyist could have an FFL and do transfers.  They have cracked down and now you have minimum sales requirements and need a store front that ATF agents can visit.  It was much easier in the old days.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:10:00 AM EDT
[#11]
A lot of dealers are very suspicious of people walking in from the street to buy a reciever, I have found that sometimes it takes building a relationship with a dealer to get them to relax a bit with you.  I agree $100.00 just to process is steep!!  That's why I prefer to build my own from blanks.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top