Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/25/2004 9:00:29 PM EDT
i have read that the double hook trigger requires mods to the reciever. can anyone post some pics of the mods and trigger? thanks
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:21:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a pic, but basicaly it's simple. Look at the bottom of your receiver, where the trigger sticks thru. See the little cut on one corner of the trigger hole that goes toward the barrel? that is for the bottom of a single hook trigger.

A double hook trigger merely needs the identical cut made on the other side of the trigger hole.
Same length, width, etc.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Are they worth it, or should the enterprising young dremel enthusiast chill and get the single-hook trigger?  I'm sort of in the same boat..
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think you gain anything with a double hook trigger, as a matter of fact they are more difficult to do a trigger job on, because you have two surfaces to work on. Nothing wrong with them, I have guns with them and without them, I can't see any difference.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Just like "bulletslap" said.
I agree. But to answer your question it's fairly simple.
Flip it up side down......Make a template from the exsisting notch for the trigger side and cut the same, for the other side.
Happy drimmilling,
Shadow  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#5]
This one im going to have to reply to.  I have a single hook SAR1, and my buddy has a Dhook polytech.  I dn if its because of the manufacturer, or the trigger, but his Dhook is SO SMOOTH is unreal.  Ive been looking at gun shows for just a dhook trigger to put it in my sar. I would say def go for the double hook.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#6]
CKxx,  the difference is that your buddy has a sweet PolyTech and you, (and I) have a SAR-1 with a piece of crap probably Century fire control group.  I don't know about your SAR, but mine had one hell of a case of trigger slap that I had to remedy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:30:19 AM EDT
[#7]
DS got it right.

The century FCG is a total piece of crap, it has nothing to do with single vs double as far as that comparison is concerned
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#8]
For me I prefer the double hook FCG's (probably because my first AK's were chinese and were all double hook).  I only have one AK with a single hook and that is a SAR-1.  If it develops trigger slap to bad I will do the mod and put in the double hook G2 FCG.  It isn't that one is necessarily better than the other sometimes it is just a point of preference or what type of FCG is available.  I have done the mod to one hesse and two vulcan receivers and the mod didn't take long to do.  On a separate note, it is a nice thing too that the tapco flats are setup so either type of FCG can be used.    
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I read somewhere that the double hook was the original design? and that it had 2 hooks for extra safety, but they figured out it wasn't necessary, so they went single after that. Anyone else hear that? Or am I hallucinating again?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I think the single hook is because of the hammer retarder in the auto groups.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top