Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 6:24:03 AM EDT
This has probably been covered before, but I couldnt find it. My AMD build is finally done, with the exception of the spring that holds the FCG pins in place. Anyone have a diagram of how the spring sits in the reciever? Is the plate dealy that tapco sells worth the money?
Thanks,
Dean
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have the full auto retainer spring (with the coil on the one end), you can snip a portion of it off and use it as shown in this link:

www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/fcgremoval4.htm

It's really easy to make your own retainer plate.  You can use sheet steel, brass, or galvanized tin sheet for the retainer.  I see no reason to give someone else $10~$15 for something so simple to make.

www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1323
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Or you could slip down to the local NAPA and pick up two 7/32 E clip.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info- I like the e-clip idea, probably go with that.
Thanks again,
Dean
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top